Dear IPW-1 Participant,
Here are more updates and information on the upcoming workshop.
- WORKSHOP DATE & TIME: We have updated the dates and times for the workshop. The response to our survey indicated that we may have at least 20 participants from around the world, including many from Europe. Therefore, we have scheduled the workshop to take place over four half-days: 26-29 July 2021 from 0900 to 1300 US Eastern Time (GMT -4).
- WORKSHOP REGISTRATION: You must register for the workshop with AIAA in order to attend. The registration fee is $99 USD for AIAA members and $199 USD for non-members. Here is a link to the registration page: http://aiaa.mycrowdwisdom.com/diweb/catalog/item?id=6475588
Please try to complete your registration by Friday, 23 July 2021.
- NOTES FROM TOWN HALL MEETING:
- Thank you to those who participated in the Town Hall meeting. For those who were unable to participate, the recording is available on the workshop website: www.icepredictionworkshop.com
- For the Collection Efficiency Cases 111, 112, 121, 122, 131, 132: the data to be submitted to consists of the surface pressure coefficient, Cp and the local collection efficiency (beta) both as a function of the surface wrap distance from the highlight.
- For the Collection Efficiency Cases 131, 132, the surface Mach number maybe submitted instead of Cp since the experimental data are reported in surface Mach number. Surface Cp may be converted to Mach number using standard isentropic flow relations such as from NACA TN 2914 or compressible flow textbooks.
- For the Collection Efficiency Cases 131, 132, a single drop size may be used or the 7-bin distribution from Table E.5 (page 325) of NASA CR 4257.
Thank you for your participation in this activity,
IPW-1 Organizing Committee.