Dear IPW1 Participant,
Thank you for your interest in the 1st Ice Prediction Workshop. This letter provides an update of what to expect over the next few months.
- TEST CASES: Geometries, grids, and icing conditions for test cases have been posted on the following website: www.icepredictionworkshop.com
We are in the process of finalizing a document that provides the details required to set up and run the cases. We will notify you when this document is posted in January.
- EXPERIMENTAL DATA: We are also compiling the experimental data with the goal to post these data in electronic form on the website by the end of January. The experimental results are taken from existing publications, so everyone should already have access to them in PDF form.
- COMPARISON STANDARDS: The organizing committee is also working on a set of standards for comparison of simulation results to the experimental data. These standards will provide for uniform comparison plots across all participants. We will notify you when this document is posted to the website.
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Participants will have until April 1, 2021 to complete their simulations and submit results for cross-comparison as well. The organizing committee has a group of volunteers prepared to analyze the participants’ simulation results in preparation for the workshop.
- SURVEY: Finally, we will be sending out a survey in mid-February to gauge the numbers of cases being run by all participants. We understand that all participants may not be able to complete all of the baseline cases. Our goal is to encourage participation as best we can. The purpose of the survey will help us to plan an agenda for the workshop. We also intend to collect input from you related to the workshop format; whether or not this should be conducted in person, remotely only, or some combination of in-person and remote participation. This decision will be made in consultation with AIAA, but feedback from the participants is key to making the best decision to move forward on this effort.
Thanks again for your participation in this activity,
IPW1 Organizing Committee.